So after a couple weeks of serious blog hopping from craftsy blogs to sewing blogs (and some food blogs), I have decided to take up...
I, Christine, pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 2 months. I pledge that I shall refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovoted, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog (and on my own blog, of course), so that others may share the joy that my thriftiness brings! Signed, Christine.
Well... One itsy bitsy problem: I can't sew for beans, but I will certainly try!
Okay, I lied. I CAN sew. Just not well with a sewing machine (which I definitely don't have at my apartment anyway). I've done lots of hand-sewing to make my friends cute sock animals :]
Meet Zareba, Mawry's zebra.
This is EmBem's seahorse and Jessie's moose.
Um... here's a photo to sum up the last ____ (however long it's been since the last post):
Walnut cake and chocolate sponge pudding
Baking with Metro (who is NOT keeping up with his blog!) a couple days ago. All in one evening. BAM!
I have some overripe bananas (I hate any banana that isn't at least slightly green. The BF hates all bananas due to some childhood scarring banana-flavored drug syrup crap, which I find utterly hilarious. I definitely make fun of him). Anyway, I'm planning on making some lovely chocolate chip banana bread when I'm not studying for midterms.
I finally went home last weekend to visit the BF and the girlies (EmBem, Mawry, and Ki). Yeeeeee!
- Ate a lovely, yummy dindin with the parents (SCORE for homemade food! And tons to take back to school).
- Watched Avatar with the BF (I KNOW. I'm actually the LAST person to see it! But it wasn't in 3-D. Boo).
- Got my beloved book back from a friend who kept it for... oh, maybe A YEAR. Kidding :] She's off to Brazil for a month, so I wanted to see her before she left!
- Made dinner with Mawry and Ki
- Watched SATC2 with the girls and snuck cosmos into the theatre (In an REI bottle. SO CLASSY, I know!)
- Had to get up early Sunday morning to drive two hours to the hospital where I intern :[
- Study, study, study :[
- Received some nifty nail stamping stuff in the mail to decorate my toenails and fingernails! But I've yet to try it out. Photos of my lovely nails will be posted!